|Another decent elephant|
This is a set a little while ago, some time before racing Ironman Melbourne. It was part of a long-term plan Jean-Phillip and I had to race 70.3 Worlds in 2014 and Ironman Hawaii in 2015 together, before we get the boot from m25-29.
So, we've got a goal and next step is getting together a plan and get busy with the process of training. More about that later.
For now, I'll share with you the racing menu for the forthcoming 12 months.
- City2Surf - August 2013. There's just something about experiencing 'heartbreak hill' and racing alongside 80,000 other nutters. Every August when my mate Jeremy used to race it, I was pretty jelly! Now it's my turn!
- Elite Energy Husky Half-Marathon - September 2013. This ought to be cracking little race. Doesn't get more beautiful than Husky!
- Nepean Triathlon - October 2013. The OLDEST triathlon in Australia and a true classic on the NSW Triathlon Calender. This is a hallmark event and this year they've upped the pro prize-purse which I think is fantastic - the pro races should be great to watch. Should be an awesome first triathlon of the season in a snappy 1km-30km-10km format. I thought about racing Port 70.3 given it's the Aussie AG Champs, but I reckon it will be a better for the overall season to hold off until Shepp. Still a little indecision here, we'll see!
- Ironman 70.3 Shepparton - November 2013. I'm really looking forward to this one! It's supposed to be one of those big races with a small-race-feel. It will be the weekend after finishing uni so Audrey and I are hoping to spend some time checking out the Snowies afterwards!
- Ironman 70.3 Canberra - December 2013. This should be a good fun race a few weeks out from Christmas. A few hours from home and a good opportunity to punch that ticket! I also reckon it's pretty cool we get to play on the doorstep of Australian democracy. Maybe Abbott will be out for this one?
- Ironman 70.3 Auckland - January 2014. This is a big one for us. Audrey is planning on going around, too! M-P is planning to meet us there and dabble in a little racing with us. Should be brilliant! Also, Aotearoa is calling us for a visit!
After Auckland, there's nothing planned in stone. Maybe do Husky sprint in February if we're around here on the Coast. Likewise, there are a few races I would consider in March such as Challenge Bateman's Bay, but again, not sure what our plans are, just yet. We'll see! Watch this space.